Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trying On Qigong

Can it help me? I believe it can. For most of you who don't know me or who don't know, I have been diagnosed with Lupus. Yes, had it all my life but until about 16 years ago I didn't know it.

I try to live my life without thinking about it. Not thinking that is until I'm sick. Then I know as well as not that the first thing I think is "is it the Lupus rearing it's ugly head again.

Since steriods is about the only thing that gets me well, no matter what the condition I'm as big as a barrel. Plus, I like to cook, and my husband likes to eat. Well, eating for him isn't as fatening because he has Crohns so he can eat and well, you know what happens to it 20 minutes later.

I do suffer from high blood pressure. And lately, the last 2 years or so, haven't been able to control myself. Everything seems to upset me. Thus the belly fat increases too. So yesterday a lady in California told me she was just starting into Qigong. Oh, what's that? I was pretty sure it was that hand waving stuff but didn't know much about it. Oriental of some description I was sure, but didn't know exactly.

Last night I did my usual, computer researching. Qigong! Ah, ha. More than what I thought and better than I ever thought. While watching a video I began engaging in the movements. Immediately I figured that I was doing it right because I could feel myself relax. Motion after motion, movement after movement. Oh gosh, it felt so good. What was it? Huh, what was it? Something I hadn't known in a very long time. Relaxation. I was becoming stressfree. It felt so good, so very good.

Sat in the bathtub and relaxed. Sat in the bed and relaxed. And slept. When I'd wake up, which was a couple times, I'd close my eyes and imagine myself in the Qigong movements. Oh, so restful, so nice, so comfortable. Today has been a day that I haven't felt in a long time. I have felt so good. No aches, and pains from old age. No stress. And my BP has been extremely good. I feel so relaxed. So now, I'm excited to continue my learning. My plans are to continue Qigong.

Thanks for reading. I truly would love to know who you are and what you are thinking about gardening. Please take a few moments to contact me. I'd love to hear what you have to say! Your opinion counts with me!

1 comment:

  1. Gardening - I am taking out most of the garden here in Chicago.We had our first freeze last weekend.How annoying so early - usually it doesn't come for another 3 weeks or so. I potted some of the herbs as basil and rosemary - maybe it will last over the winter. Brought in all the potted plants. Any basil that I left out froze. The Bright Lights chard is still alive, and the weedlike tomatillos are going strong, as well as the mint, lemon balm and oregano. I discovered some overgrown green beans and green onions amongst the tomatillos when digging around for the sweet green orbs that fell off the vines.

    Some tomatillos froze and I squashed those into the dirt to make next year's tomatillo plants.I have't bought plants in years.I keep stomping buggy tomatillos in the alley because they take up precious space in my city garden, but they never take there - probably too rocky. One yellow pear tomato plant survived the frost but I don't know if the fruit will make it through the next freeze. I have harvested pounds and pounds of tomatillos - brought them into work for the cooks who use them for green salsa and green chicken enchiladas - which is what I generally use them for. The plants are prolific. The only thing I don't like about them is that slugs like them too, and sometimes I find a slug inside the husk.Yuk.

    ReplyDelete