Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I JUST FINISHED WRITING TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

I am so very upset that I could spit nails, copper pennies or whatever!
I spent 45 minutes on the telephone with Charter Communications. I spoke with 7 employees, 5 of which didn't speak English well. Oh yes, I push #1 when it ask if I wanted it in English but I thought that meant that I'd get an American person.
I disconnected my service with Charter September 4. I was told then that I had a rebate coming because I had already sent in my monthly payment for September. On September 11, 2009 I turned in all of Charter equipment, and knowing that something would probably go wrong, I kept my receipts. Today I received a bill for October, 2009. The 3rd person that took my call, told me to call back mid-October. I don't think so!
I hope that my problem is resolved now that I got ugly on the phone and caused my own blood pressure to rise. But please, if you own an American company, in America, please ask your employees to get it right the first time!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Friend,
    yes - that's how it is with telephone types. Spent a lot of money on several phones for my daughter from Verizon when she was in college.The last phone I took insurance out on - the phone froze in the cold weather (in her purse), and my daughter took the phone back since it was insured. Verizon claimed the insurance ran out the day before she returned it! I changed services. T Mobile is pretty fair, and we use ATT for land line - pricey but good service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as the companies are making their money off Americans, it would be nice if they would employ people in America, rather than from a foreign country. Paying foreign companies to handle customer service is American money going out the door. I guess Americans have priced themselves out of the market. I like to talk to someone on the phone who can understand the language.I subscribe to a lot of medical journals, and get a lot of unasked for junk ones. I get calls for renewal - one of the tests - can the person speak English? I just tell them to stop sending the journal if I cannot understand them.

    Anyway, I was on the other side of the coin this week...how does it feel if someone thinks you are an outsider or treats you like an outside?
    The story:
    I parked in the drugstore lot but walked across the 2 lane street (+ parking lanes but not a busy street)to look in an antique/junque store before going to the drugstore. When done, I crossed at the corner when it was safe, the only car just turning onto the street was a block away. Well, that car sped down the block so fast that I found myself running across the lane to get to the median strip. I was almost into the drugstore when the car swung around and the driver was yelling at me: "Lady - this how people get killed and this is America. And if you are going to live in America, you better act like an American...she kept on ranting on about America. I ignored her and went into the store. What did she think I was anyway, except an American, and what does an American "look like" anyway?

    ReplyDelete