Friday, September 11, 2009

10 DAYS WITHOUT COMPUTER MAKES ME OUT OF CONTROL

I have been 10 whole days without this computer. Do you realize how many times I have wanted to look informational thingy up or write someone a note or whatever? Gosh, oh gosh, let AT&T realize how much they are goofing up! When I get the billing mess they've sent me straightened out I'll write more and tell you all about my trials and tribulations. Like for instance, when they called and asked what the man's name was who installed my Direct TV! Can you believe it? Like sending me the wrong, totally wrong modem. And to think, they give those people a paycheck. I say, between one thing and another no wonder this country is going broke. My Mother use to say, "it's going to hell in a handcart" and I believe it now!
So, I do want to tell you about going green at the trash sites. But first, turn on Planet Green on your tv and watch some of it. You'll be amazed!
If Haywood County is going to "go green", why are they getting the cart before the horse? Can't imagine that they can eliminate milk bottles and such and still approve plastic garbage bags, disposal diapers and disposal puppy pads. Think about it, plastic on the outside of them.
Disposal diapers, puppy pads are yucky but there is something that can be done about them. Suggest to the baby's parents that they reduce they spending about $300.00 a month on diapers x 12 months and only buy the cloth diapers once time and reuse them with the future babies. Diapers soaked in vinegar and baking soda are easier to wash clean. And for puppy pads, suggest they lay down a piece of plastic (use it over and over but simply spraying it with bleach water. Then on that piece of plastic, add several sheets of newspaper or paper towel. Now that paper and paper towel will rot and disappear but the plastic pads won't.
Well, here at this house, we are working at dumping the garbage to the cattle or into a compost pile. Reducing the paper towel by using hand towels. And as always we are still saving David's Diet Coke cans and recycling them. And you can trust me on that one. For years, we have saved Diet Coke cans. We bundle them smaller after I purchased him a can crusher from ACE Hardware. Then we take them ourselves to the salvage place in Asheville, NC. We've made many $$$ off our empties over the years.
You know, recycling isn't hard, it's a little more time and removes some laziness from you, but it works!
Do you buy frozen foods already cooked? Well, change that. Cook a double amount of food and freeze the left overs in a container in the refrigerator/freezer. Saves time, money and landfill!
Tomorrow I want to tell you about filling my yard up with fruits and veggies and starting my winter garden inside the house.
Have a terrific day and think of going green.Thanks for reading. I truly would love to know who you are and what you are thinking about gardening. Please take a few moments to contact me. I'd love to hear what you have to say! Your opinion counts with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment