Monday, September 21, 2009

I WANT TO HAVE A SERIOUS TALK WITH YOU TODAY!

Yes, you! I want to talk with you.
Yesterday my 85 year old Mother fell again. This time down the stairs and on the way down, trying to grab the rail to catch herself she caught her hand and tore the pad on the bottom of the hand along with 2 fingers.
Needless to say, at 85 she wants to be independent and not complain so like times before she didn't bother telling me. Not telling me that is until today when I found her at my door step saying that she needed to come in and talk to me about something.
Instead of having her remove her bandages I took her to the Urgent Care in our neighborhood. The doctor on call didn't even touch it but decided to have the wound center treat it.
It had been more than 24 hrs. so they didn't stitch it. And she had used Neosporim on it. Oh gosh, I probably spelled that wrong but you get the picture. So they used a foam medicated pad and taped her up.
She doesn't always eat correctly so I made sure that we took her out to lunch and asked her to order a good meal, which she did. But afterward came the part that I want to tell you about.
I insisted that we go to the LifeLine center. Once there they talked to her about how wonderful the LifeLine is. Water proof piece that fits around your neck while showering, and the fact that you wear it to bed. I didn't realize that it reaches up to 1000 ft. inside and outside your home. And the monthly rate is so reasonable, $35.00 makes it so that anyone can afford the service.
We weren't leaving there until I knew that she was signed up for it. So tomorrow in installation day. I can't wait. Once installed I'll feel better about her living by herself knowing that she is safe from an intruder, falls or even a fire.
I hope that if you've taken the time to read this that you will help someone you know and love get the system set up for them.
Thanks for reading. I truly would love to know who you are and what you are thinking about gardening. Please take a few moments to contact me. I'd love to hear what you have to say! Your opinion counts with me!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you find yourself! On the blog you mention finding heirlooms. Be very careful. I planted Brandywine heirlooms in my garden and I believe that it introduced the tobacco mosaic virus into the soil TMV affects many plants. So now, I buy resistant plants, but the soil is already ruined. With TMV, if you give the plants a lot of water and love, they usually turn out ok. But some lants were so spiky that I pulled them and put them in special bags for the village to pick up - don't want them to infect anyone else's yard.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete