Saturday, August 29, 2009

Beginning to hear from others in Haywood County

Oddly enough, emails were still coming in as late as 10:30 pm on a Friday night. That's surprising to me that people are wanting to garden and feed the Multitudes here in Haywood County. Can you imagine that?
I am anxious for Monday to roll around so that I can continue to work on all of this. I'm not sure yet who all, or what all will take place over the next few months but I do know now that people want it to happen.
HURRAH!!!!!!
I'd love to see no more poverty. I'd love to see full bellies. I'd love to see everyone whether they be rich, white collar, or single Moms, or inmates of our county taking an active role in this effort.
I think that it can grow from not only heirloom tomatoes and different types of lettuce that the test farm is working on but on to business and enterprise. Mills, farms, meat packing industry. Fill up those industrial parks with business, big business that is by the people and for the people of Haywood County. Let's not wait for the economy to get back to where it was. Let's not wait for big business to come from some other place and just happen to want to put their roots down in Haywood County. But.....let's use the "roots" that are already here and grow.
Thanks for reading. I truly would love to know who you are and what you are thinking about gardening. Please take a few moments to contact me. I'd love to hear what you have to say! Your opinion counts with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment