Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh My Gosh!!!

RALEIGH - The N.C. Senate voted today to ban the commercial generation of wind energy in mountain counties. Supporters of the ban argued that the construction of large wind turbines on mountain ridges would ruin the natural beauty of the mountains. Environmentalists say that the state should be encouraging wind power, not limiting it. Read the news here in the Winston-Salem Journal.

And more here in the Raleigh News & Observer.

Can you believe that? Raleigh voted to ban wind energy because of natural beauty. What about the houses hanging over the edges? Beauty? I don't think so!


Thanks for reading. I truly would love to know who you are and what you are thinking about gardening. Please take a few moments to contact me. I'd love to hear what you have to say! Your opinion counts with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment